Monday, November 12, 2007

Smiley Faces

This sucks. I told DH that I'm feeling so much pain that I feel like I'm paying for all my sins. My throat is swollen inside so I can hardly swallow, every joint in my body hurts (Tylenol doesn't do shit for me), and well, the weather sucks. Can't blame chemo for the weather though.

Chloe is drawing in the "Time for Me" activity book for kids with parents with cancer. She drew a smiley face and arms and legs on the cartoon of the tumor and asked me if that made me happy, if it made me felt better. Yes, Chloe, it does. So now she's filling every single page with smiley faces with arms and legs. Some of them have hair too.

Speaking of hair, Chloe asked me when I'm going to fix mine. Kids are awesome. I love their perspective on things.

The other night, when the kids came home from being at their grandparents' house, they burst in the door and shouted, "Mama! Mama!" Mylo ran by all his birthday toys, ran up the stairs, and hopped into bed with me and started snuggling. Then Chloe followed. That made me feel both happy and sad.

2 comments:

Vicki aka Mamapajama said...

I'm sorry you're feeling so sucky. I hope you know you don't have to entertain us or anything like that when we get there, we're just coming to be with you. Watching your kids snuggle with you and sing cute songs will be entertainment enough! Take care and rest up (now that's dutchified english for you!)

SorianoWrites said...

love ya and miss ya....